An ADPNet Participant is a Member organization with digital content that needs to be preserved, but without the necessary infrastructure or the desire to host a preservation node. Participant Members pay a lower annual fee and can purchase storage in smaller allotments than Host Members, but pay a higher bulk rate for storage fees, and play a reduced role in the management and governance of the network. Participant members are represented on the Steering Committee by an elected representative, each one representing up to 5 Participant member institutions.
ADPNet Governance Policy
2.1. Membership Categories
- ADPNet has two categories of membership, each with specific fees and responsibilities. The two categories are:
- 1. Host: a category for organizations with the necessary infrastructure to host one or more preservation nodes;
- 2. Participant: a category for organizations with digital content that needs to be preserved, but without the necessary infrastructure or the desire to host a preservation node.
- The fees, rights, and responsibilities for each of these membership categories can be found in
Attachment 1: ADPNet Membership Agreement and Attachment 3: ADPNet Membership Model and Storage Fee Schedule. The fee structure is designed to ensure that each Member’s costs are commensurate with its use of the Network.
- Membership categories and fees are subject to change. ADPNet Members will be given a six-month advance notice of any upcoming changes in the categories or fees. Membership category is determined at time of joining the network and evaluated annually.
Attachment 1: ADPNet Membership Agreement
- Annual membership fee: $300
- Storage fees: $25/50GB in 50GB allotments, 50GB minimum allotment
- Governance representation: 1 elected representative/vote per five category members (or portion thereof) on the Steering Committee.